We are looking for an IT Auditor to enhance the SHV Energy Internal Audit team which operates in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. The IT Auditor we are looking for has experience with IT audits and is willing to also perform operational audits.
This position offers a first-hand and unique opportunity to work directly with a highly diversified mix of business units with varying strategic models, end-markets and international cultures, comprising the decentralized operating structure of SHV Energy. Based in Amsterdam (Hoofddorp), the Netherlands, you will work closely together with the Head of Group Internal Audit to fulfill the mission of Internal Audit: to provide insight, critical judgement, assurance and support with regard to the critical risks and controls of SHV Energy.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team with backgrounds in operational audit, finance, IT, business and consulting. You have the opportunity to not only perform IT audits, but also perform operational audits in many other areas. You will be part of the Global Internal Audit team and have the opportunity to visit many of our BU’s in different countries.
The IT Auditor is responsible for identifying and calling attention to financial, operational, compliance, and reputational risks through assurance, consulting, and solutions management activities, like:
- Improve the effectiveness of IT governance, risk management and internal control activities.
- Initiate and lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data & systems to assist other areas of the audit function. Develop repeatable methods to ensure a consistent result and help develop an internal knowledge base.
- Design and execute audit programs, operational process reviews, review of system implementations, applications and other IT-related risk areas.
- Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations.
- Interpret the significance of audit findings, conclude on findings, and make practical recommendations for remediation.
- Handling personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual.
- Establishing and building mutual relationships with external stakeholders.
1. Lead and coordinate IT audits across SHV Energy
- Focussing on the review of the IT organization, IT architecture, IT operations and security management as well as system development and system roll out. Ensure compliance with the audit methodology, quality standards as well as systematic documentation and completion of audit tasks. Above all maintaining and establishing a fruitful relationship with the SHV Energy CIO and CISO.
- Coordinate and perform, together with the IT auditors, SISP audits.
- Perform operational audits on non IT related topics.
2. Develop, enhance and embed data analytics within SHV Energy Internal Audit
- Innovating, seeking and introducing change to a new way of internal auditing.
- Co-create a specialist/innovative group to further optimize the data queries used or to introduce ways of data mining in a standardized way of working.
3. Reporting and monitoring of follow up actions of Auditees
- Developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics (we use TeamMate+ as our audit management system).
- Maintaining quarterly IT Audit KPI metrics & dashboard.
- Researching, analysing and presenting data as assigned.
- Communicate timely with action owners to ensure mitigating actions are fulfilled.
4. Liaise with business transformation programs or projects to ensure IT risks have been properly addressed
- Connect with the IT community and BU’s to understand if and when large IT projects are kicked off. Develop, plan and execute project audits.
5. Take the responsibility for development, training and sharing of good practices of the IT auditors within SHV Energy
- Create a cohesive group of IT audit professionals and develop and train them going forward in close alignment with the SHV IT Audit Manager.
SHV Energy is a family-owned multinational organisation that consists of a group of specialised energy companies. These companies provide people and businesses with decentralised personalised energy solutions and services. Our customers often live or work in areas beyond the natural gas grid and rely on our companies for their most important energy sources. Today, we are servicing the needs of over 30 million customers over three continents that use our energy for hundreds of applications.