“THE BEST HUNTERS
ALWAYS KEEP A LOW PROFILE”
MET DECENNIA ERVARING, VOLLEDIGE FOCUS EN GROTE GEDREVENHEID VINDEN WIJ DE PROFESSIONAL/VACATURE DIE U ZOEKT.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Do you want to turn your audit experience into value-adding advice? Would you like to join a market-leading trading and technology firm? Then you just might be our next Senior Audit Manager!
What you’ll do
As Senior Audit Manager you will work in a team with three other experienced auditors of which one IT Audit Manager. You will work on assessments that are relevant for the local Optiver entities, our Supervisory Board and Management Board. These assessments can cover the entire spectrum of our organization: from risk to tax, from trading to finance and from compliance to remuneration. Their common purpose: we aim to add value to the organization by making meaningful recommendations for improvement of processes and to strengthen the controls.
Group Audit is based in Amsterdam, but it performs the global internal audit function. Therefore, Group Audit is responsible for various assessments and sometimes special projects in our Amsterdam office and our foreign offices in Chicago, Sydney, Shanghai, Taipei and London. With the team, you will visit each office once or twice per year for one or two weeks at a time.
So, in short, you will:
• Perform various assessments as part of a small team on a broad spectrum of relevant topics for Optiver;
• Be based in Amsterdam, but regularly visit our foreign offices (~10 weeks per year).
You can be sure that you will be challenged to perform at your best in a young, complex and dynamic organization!
What you’ll need
• Broad professional experience, including auditing, at big four and/or large multinational organizations;
• Preferably holding one or more certifications in the field of financial auditing, or alternatively financial market risk management;
• In total a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience;
• In depth knowledge of processes and controls;
• Excellent reporting skills and verbal communication skills in English;
• Willingness to travel about six times in total per year to our foreign offices in Chicago, Sydney, Shanghai, Taipei and London each time for periods of one or two weeks.
What you’ll bring
• An intelligent and pragmatic mind;
• Able to identify key risks and asking the right questions;
• A project-driven and entrepreneurial attitude;
• Work both independently and as a team-player;
• An innovative mindset with a drive to improve processes;
• An interest in trading and market-making (prior work-related experience is not required).
Who we are
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai, Sydney, Taipei and London we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive variable pay, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks.