LeasePlan is an international company with over 8.500 employees and present in approximately 30 countries. LeasePlan has a banking license and is qualified as an Significant Institution. They fall under the supervision of the European Central Bank. Group Audit plays an important role as third line of defence in the (risk) governance of LeasePlan. The Group Audit team is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. They currently have a team of 20 audit professionals and are expanding the team.
For this Audit Manager Data Analytics vacancy LeasePlan is looking for a new colleague at their Amsterdam based office. The Audit Manager Data Analytics, reporting to the Audit Director Digital, will be responsible for leading and performing data analytics in relation to a broad spectrum of (audit) areas and assignments across LeasePlan. The position is new and requires out of the box thinking aimed at boosting future audit effectiveness and improving LeasePlan’s operations by providing new data-driven insights. Data analytics will play an instrumental role in the risk-based audit planning, future operational audits, corporate investigations, financial audits and special projects. While based primarily in their Amsterdam head-quarter, the jobholder will need to travel from time to time nationally and internationally as assignments require.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Audit Manager Data Analytics include:
- Developing and implementing Group Audit’s data analytics strategy.
- Advising and aligning with audit colleagues on practical and insightful analytics options, for instance to assess risks and controls during various stages of the audit process (i.e. risk assessment during assignment scoping controls testing, substantive testing, substantiation of control deficiencies, business monitoring).
- As required, providing input into departmental initiatives e.g., enhancing audit methodology, supporting annual risk assessment and planning process, colleague training and development.
- Developing a good understanding of the company’s key data sources and data lineage, and effectively leveraging knowledge to extract/derive meaningful insights from data.
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships to facilitate data needs.
- Developing and owning ad hoc and routine data feeds.
- Analysing trends and patterns in data and reporting meaningful and value-added insights to colleagues and clients.
- Aligning with other departments that have data analytics capabilities (e.g. Risk and Digital) to leverage (available) data, tooling and practices.
- Coordinating with other audit colleagues to determine analytic needs/specifications and ensuring timely completion of support initiatives.
- Developing a data analytics approach for audits and other assignments, for instance to ensure key business risks and controls are evaluated as needed.
- Developing ad-hoc queries, continuous monitoring solutions, and strategic automated solutions. Where necessary/possible, the LeasePlan Service Center may be used to support repetitive data analytics with oversight from the Audit Manager Data Analytics.
- Implementing user interfaces and visualisation tools to support strategic and continuous solutions.
- Assisting audit colleagues by providing guidance on the interpretation of analytics exceptions and related communication and reporting of data analytics findings/exceptions to line management and senior management.
- Managing tooling and source code for developed programs and queries.
- Preparing data analytics documentation per assignment to support (audit) workpapers.
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and experience:
The ideal candidate is able to work closely with internal stakeholders across countries to receive required input. She/he is also able to deal with confidential information, is reliable and has a high level of integrity.
- University degree (at least Master’s) and finalised or close to finalisation of a postmaster financial, operational or IT auditing.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in a similar role with a leading audit function.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
- Self-motivated, strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and influence senior management.
- Strong delivery focus, ability to perform all required functions on a timely basis and with accuracy.
- Tooling/programming experience (e.g. Alteryx, SQL, Python, Power BI, Tableau) to develop queries and visualisation.
- Good understanding of the end-to-end audit process, including risk-based approach.
LeasePlan is a global leader in Car-as-a-Service, with approximately 1.9 million vehicles under management in approx. 30 countries. LeasePlan purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan's mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so their customers can focus on what's next for them.