For this Audit Manager vacancy LeasePlan is looking for a new colleague at their Amsterdam based office. An Audit Manager who has experience in the automotive business or is proficient in IFRS.
About the team and the challenge:
LeasePlan's mission is to deliver any car, anytime, anywhere. Every day presents an opportunity to meeting customers’ needs and to help shape the future of mobility. They are an international company with over 8.500 employees and present in more than 30 countries. LeasePlan has a banking license and is qualified as an Significant Institution. They fall under the supervision of the European Central Bank. Group Audit plays an important role as third line of defence in the (risk) governance of LeasePlan.
Group Audit aims to provide insight to the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board, its regulators and external auditor on the control level regarding management control, operational, banking regulatory and financial areas via audit reports, as well as specific assignments related to being a financial institution and related banking and insurance regulations. Group Audit pro-actively identifies control weaknesses across LeasePlan Group and enforces improvements via audit reports and follow-up of timely resolution of previously identified audit findings. The Group Audit team is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. This means that you, whilst based in our Amsterdam Corporate office, will from time to time need to travel to do assignments internationally. They currently have a team of 25 audit professionals but are expanding their team.
About the role and what we are looking for:
Due to growth of the business, LeasePlan has moved from DNB to ECB oversight. They like to enhance their team with an Audit Manager that not only understands the automotive business or has proficiency in IFRS, but also can translate these into changing our audit approach and work, and has the seniority to advise the business and second line. Taking ownership is your second nature, you are a self-starter and like to work with people.
As Audit Manager you will act as the subject matter expert on one or more specific areas and will provide assurance by conducting audits in a broad context (operational, governance and our leasing-processes) across all entities of the LeasePlan Group. You will be reporting to the Audit Director Finance & Insurance. At LeasePlan an Audit Manager has a broad range of responsibilities and autonomy, where they have different levels of seniority, but no specific distinction is made in the job title.
- As an Audit Manager you will be end-to-end responsible for independently conducting audits of all risk domains (e.g. asset; credit, treasury; operational, financial) at all world-wide LeasePlan entities and communicating the outcome (green, orange, red) of a specific audit area to local or group Executive Management, both verbal and in writing.
- For one or more specific areas you will be responsible for stakeholder management with the 1st and or 2nd line / management.
- As they are an international organisation you will in principle be traveling (max 10 weeks per year) to the LeasePlan entities as well as conducts audit at LeasePlan Corporation. This can be in the capacity of supervisor of an audit team as well as being team member. The Audit Manager assesses the control level of key processes by discussions during interviews and substantive testing identifying internal control deficiencies, operational risks, compliance issues with Group policies or local laws/regulation and related risks and discussing preliminary findings with middle and executive management. The Audit Manager independently manages the audit team during the entire assignment (abroad), as well as manages the process towards the local entity / business area.
- Based on close cooperation with the Business and Finance teams you update the audit work-programmes and challenge and discuss policies with the policy owner. As subject matter expert within the team, you take care of training other team members and assess the implemented resolution of audit findings.
Soft and hard skills required to be successful:
- You have the ability to evaluate across highly diversified end-to-end processes the identified control gaps in combination with well-functioning controls and determines based on professional judgement if the overall existing control level is sufficient or not. You are able to see through complexity, perform a thorough analysis and to deliver a clear message tailored to your audience.
- You are able to quickly establish a positive working relationship with all levels in the organisation to enable in-depth assessment of controls in processes, often involving several departments, local executive management, middle management and operational employees. In this capacity notices responses and adapts communication style to suit the situation. In addition, manages the audit team to make sure communication is constructive, but clear, especially in case of serious findings.
- You support the development of less experienced team members and act as a mentor during the audit.
- You are able to identify control gaps in the different governance, banking, financial, operational and IT processes, determine possible root causes and are able to assess the risk impact for LeasePlan.
- You have a professional critical but positive mindset and, while having an eye for detail, you are able to focus on the main issues and maintain a helicopter view.
- You are result oriented and able to work with deadlines.
- You are a self-starter, and keen on taking initiative and ownership.
- You show good negotiation and conflict management capabilities.
- You are able to effectively operate in an environment with multiple stakeholders
- You are curious and inquisitive and able to quickly form a clear and solid independent opinion.
- You show awareness of, and ability to deal with, cultural differences.
- Your English level is ‘fluent’ (both spoken and written)
The ideal candidate is able to work closely with internal stakeholders across countries to receive required input. She/he is also able to deal with confidential information, is reliable and has a high level of integrity.
- University degree (at least Master’s) and finalised or close to finalisation of a post-master financial, operational or EDP auditing or MBA or RC equivalent.
- Experienced in working as an internal / external auditor.
- You can demonstrate your proficiency in either automotive or IFRS
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- As LeasePlan Group Audit is required to travel frequently, you are willing to comply with health requirements at the host country (vaccinations, certificates, etc)
LeasePlan is a leader in the large and growing Car-as-a-Service market for new cars. LeasePlan’s Car-as-a-Service business purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. LeasePlan has more than 1.9 million vehicles under management in over 30 countries. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan's mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so our customers can focus on what's next for them.