LeasePlan is an international company with over 8.500 employees and present in more than 30 countries. LeasePlan has a banking license and is qualified as a Significant Institution and as such falls under the supervision of the European Central Bank. Group Audit plays an important role as third line of defence in the (risk) governance of LeasePlan. Group Audit aims to provide insight to the Executive Committee and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board, its regulators and external auditor on the control level regarding management control, operational, digital, banking regulatory and financial areas via audit reports, as well as specific assignments related to being a financial institution and related banking and insurance regulations.
Group Audit pro-actively identifies control weaknesses across LeasePlan Group and enforces improvements via audit reports and follow-up of timely resolution of previously identified audit findings. The Group Audit team is a diverse mixture of talented people and is responsible for the audit coverage of the entire LeasePlan Group. This means that you, whilst based in our Amsterdam Corporate office, will from time to time need to travel to do assignments internationally. They currently have a team of 20 audit professionals and are expanding our team.
LeasePlan is looking for a Senior IT Auditor who has experience in IT, (cyber) security and/or digital transformation, if possible with financial institution and ECB oversight experience. They like to enhance the team with a Senior IT Auditor that not only understands the challenges of having a secure and controlled IT environment and digital transformation programmes, but also can link these to their audit approach and can provide relevant advice to the business and second line. Taking ownership is your second nature, you like to work with people.
As Senior IT Auditor you will act as the subject matter expert on one or more specific IT/Digital areas and will provide assurance by conducting audits, not only in relation to IT & Digital processes but also in a broader context (operational, governance and our leasing-processes) across all entities of the LeasePlan Group. You will be reporting to the Audit Director Digital, Projects & Data Analytics.
- As a Senior IT Auditor you will be end-to-end responsible for independently/as part of a team conducting audits of IT/Digital domains (e.g. cyber, agile development, IT operations, information security) at all world-wide LeasePlan entities. You are involved in communicating the outcome (findings and opinion) to local and/or group Executive Management, both verbal and in writing.
- For one or more specific expertise areas you can take (co-) responsibility for stakeholder management with the 1st and or 2nd line/management, providing enhanced visibility across the organisation and its developments.
- As they are an international organisation you will in principle be traveling (max 10 weeks per year) to the LeasePlan entities as well as conducting audits at LeasePlan Corporation.
- The Senior IT Auditor assesses the control level of key audit areas by discussions during interviews and (controls/substantive) testing while identifying internal control deficiencies, operational risks, compliance issues with Group policies or local laws/regulation and related risks. During an assignment, you will always be part of a team, that can be where the team is headed by an (Senior) Audit Manager.
- Based on close cooperation with the 1st and or 2nd line/management you update the audit work-programmes and challenge and discuss policies with the policy owner. As subject matter expert within the team, you take care of training other team members and assess the implemented resolution of audit findings.
Soft and hard skills required to be successful
- You have the ability to evaluate controls across highly diversified end-to-end processes, identifying control gaps in combination with well-functioning controls. You determine based on professional judgement if the overall existing control level is sufficient or not. You are able to see through complexity, perform a thorough analysis and to deliver a clear message tailored to your audience.
- You are able to quickly establish a positive working relationship to enable in-depth assessment of controls in processes, often involving several departments, local executive management, middle management and operational employees. In this capacity you notice responses and adapt your communication style to suit the situation.
- You support the development of other team members.
- You are able to identify control gaps in the Digital/IT area as well as related to governance, banking, financial and operational processes, determine root causes and are able to assess the risk impact for LeasePlan.
- You have a professional critical but positive mindset and, while having an eye for detail, you are able to focus on the main issues and maintain a helicopter view.
- You are result oriented and able to work with deadlines.
- You are a self-starter, and keen on taking initiative and ownership.
- You show good negotiation and conflict management capabilities.
- You are able to effectively operate in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- You show awareness of, and ability to deal with, cultural differences.
- You are able to deal with confidential information and have a high level of integrity
- Your English level is ‘fluent’ (both spoken and written)
- University degree (at least Master’s) and finalised or close to finalisation of a post-master financial, operational or IT auditing or MBA or RC equivalent.
- Is a CIA or CISA or is committed to finalise this certification upon joining the audit team.
- At least 5-6 years of relevant working experience as an external/internal auditor.
Experience with one or more of the following topics:
- Information Security & Data Confidentiality
- Cyber security
- System development/Agile
- IT Operations
- Disaster Recovery
- IT & Information Security governance
- IT outsourcing
- Data Management & data quality
LeasePlan is a global leader in Car-as-a-Service, with approximately 1.9 million vehicles under management in approx. 30 countries. LeasePlan purchases, funds and manages new vehicles for its customers, providing a complete end-to-end service for a typical contract duration of three to four years. With over 50 years’ experience, LeasePlan's mission is to provide what’s next in sustainable mobility so their customers can focus on what's next for them.